Are you feeling embarrassed about your bad breath? Do you have bad breath that won’t seem to go away despite the many Altoids or peppermint treats you eat? If so, you may be experiencing halitosis.
Our dentist, Dr. Zack Nimri, is happy to help you with your halitosis blues. That is why our team at Higley Dental Care in Gilbert, Arizona, has provided some basic tips, so you can learn more about it.
Halitosis is known as persistent bad breath and is a warning sign something is amiss. Furthermore, halitosis can be caused by many things such as tobacco use, poor oral hygiene, sinus or throat infections, dry mouth, and many dental issues such as cavities. Oftentimes halitosis is linked to gum disease and should be addressed as soon as possible.
Here are some exciting ways to treat halitosis:
– Keep up with your brushing daily.
– Make sure you floss every day.
– Get your six-month checkup by a professional dentist.
– Use mouthwash with fluoride in it to make sure you are protecting your teeth.
– Chew sugarless gum between meals to avoid dry mouth and promote saliva production.
If you have questions about your bad breath, or if you would like to schedule a checkup with a dentist, our team is happy to help you! Feel free to give us a call at 480-988-7007 to set up an appointment and get your oral health back on track.