Have you ever had an irritating mouth sore that is causing pain? Although they usually go away on their own, sometimes they don’t, so you may need to seek treatment here at Higley Dental Care. In order to treat your mouth sore, it’s important to know what the cause is of this sore. Our professionals here in Gilbert, Arizona, want to give you the best treatment so you can return back to your daily life without an annoying sore.
With so many different causes, it may be surprising to see some of the causes of mouth sores. These include:
– Burns from liquids or food that are too hot
– Braces attached to the teeth rubbing on the gums
– Chewing tobacco/smoking
– Oral medications, like aspirin, beta-blockers, sulfa drugs, and even chemotherapy
– Sharp/jagged teeth can irritate the gums in the back of the mouth
– Poor-fitting dentures
– The herpes simplex virus causing cold sores
– Hormone changes in your body
– Stress-related sores
– Weakened immune system because of disease or autoimmune issues
– Cancer of the mouth (this is a rare situation)
– Infections, such as hand-foot-mouth disease, or abscesses.
Your mouth sore may either need some or some due attention from your dentist depending on the severity of the sore. In some cases you will need to come into Dr. Zack Nimri’s clinic. Some of these more extreme cases may be due to damaged teeth, your dentures, braces, or medications that need adjusting (you should speak to your doctor who recommended the medication). Depending on the treatment, our dental professionals here in Gilbert, Arizona, can help you if you come in, to figure out what you need.
Call Higley Dental Care at 480-988-7007 to make an appointment or to schedule a consultation time. We want to get rid of any discomfort, so let us help you get your most comfortable smile today!